Thursday, September 22, 2011

My Moral Compass- What I Live By

Nearly everyone has something they live by. Whether it be values, a moral code, or simply life goals everyone should have their own moral compass. For me, my moral compass has four points, these points of which represent meaningful things in my life, the things that often keep me going. My four points on my moral compass are my passions, my values, kindness, and my family.
Let's start with my passions. For as long as I could understand politics I've been interested in politics. Everything from elections, to legislature, to the daily on goings of government, it all fascinates me. This is my passion, I hope to one day break into politics and be a key figure in the political scene, whether it be at the state or federal level. It is this goal that pushes me in school and drives me forward when I just can't go anymore. I plan to go to college and study political science and I'm even mentoring with a local politician so as to gain valuable experience and understanding.
The next point on my moral compass is my values. I believe that strong values are one of the most important things someone can have. The ability to separate right from wrong and to try and always to the right thing is extremely admirable and should be given respect. Largely in part to my parents, and of course a little guidance on my own accord, I've grown up always trying to do the right thing and to be a good person. It is this that guides me in life and helps me choose the best paths for myself as I keep going down the road.
My third point on my moral compass is kindness. I put this as my third point because I am a strong believer in being nice to everyone and making people happy when they see you. I always try to be kind to everyone, but do occasionally slip up, and in doing this I believe that I've set myself up for success and put myself on the right path for the future.
Finally, the last point on my compass is something very important to me, family. My family is always supportive of me know matter what I do and they are always there for me. This has helped me a lot because they've helped guide me and assist me when ever I may need it. Just like any other family we do fight but through it all we always stay close and try to help each other out. Out of my whole family I would have to say my parents are the most helpful. They are always pushing me but I know it's just because they want to see me be successful and go somewhere in life.


1 comment: